Hao Peng (彭浩)
Postdoctoral Fellow @ NICO
Kellogg School of Management
Google Scholar •
Hao Peng is a Postdoc at Kellogg School of Management. He works with Brian Uzzi at the Northwestern University Institute on Complex Systems. He is interested in computational social science and data science. His research focuses on innovation, leadership, communication, social identity, and the intersections of these topics. His current research studies the mechanisms involved in the production and dissemination of novel ideas in science.
He obtained a PhD from University of Michigan School of Information and a BS degree in Information Management from Sun Yat-sen University in China.
- 09/2022: New paper studying novelty and paper acceptance published in PNAS!
- 04/2022: New paper studying retracted papers and their misinformation online published in PNAS!
- 10/2021: Our team won the best paper award in the SIG-MET Workshop at ASIS&T 2021!
- 02/2021: New paper accepted by Science Advances! Check out this interactive map of science.
- 11/2020: New paper studying the speed of information diffusion accepted by PRE!
- 09/2020: New Scientist wrote a story about our paper on ethnic bias in author mentions in science reporting!
- 09/2019: Our Echo Demo won the 2nd Prize in the John Hunter Excellence in Plotting Contest at SciPy 2019!
Please visit my Google Scholar profile for more details on my publications.
Is Novel Research Worth Doing? Evidence From Peer Review at 49 Journals
Misha Teplitskiy, Hao Peng, Andrea Blasco, Karim R. Lakhani
PNAS 119, e2118046119 (2022)
Link | PDF
Press: Michigan News
Dynamics of Cross-Platform Attention to Retracted Papers
Hao Peng, Daniel M. Romero, Emőke-Ágnes Horvát
PNAS 119, e2119086119 (2022)
Link | PDF | Code
Press: Washington Post | Northwestern Now | Inside Higher ED | Retraction Watch
Neural Embeddings of Scholarly Periodicals Reveal Complex Disciplinary Organizations
Hao Peng, Qing Ke, Ceren Budak, Daniel M. Romero, Yong-Yeol Ahn
Science Advances 7, eabb9004 (2021)
Link | PDF | Code | Map
Network Modularity Controls the Speed of Information Diffusion
Hao Peng, Azadeh Nematzadeh, Daniel M. Romero, Emilio Ferrara
Physical Review E 102, 052316 (2020)
Link | PDF | Code
Social Influence and Unfollowing Accelerate the Emergence of Echo Chambers
Kazutoshi Sasahara, Wen Chen, Hao Peng, Giovanni Luca Ciampaglia, Alessandro Flammini, Filippo Menczer
Journal of Computational Social Science (2020)
Link | Demo
Press: Scientific American | The Conversation | Yahoo!
I shoot landscape and portrait photography. I enjoy workout. I love authentic Asian food.